It can be very scary if you or a loved one is admitted to hospital with a serious illness, however palliative care can be a very important medical specialty to include that can help you. Our interdisciplinary team provides an additional layer of specialized medical support for you by attending to the complex and challenging symptoms you may be experiencing.
Regardless of your age, or what stage your illness is at, palliative care takes care of you as a whole person. We take the time to understand the full spectrum of the symptoms and stressors of your illness and how it is affecting your life and the life of your loved ones. We address not just physical symptoms like pain, nausea, and difficulty breathing, but we also focus on the difficult social, personal and spiritual concerns that can often accompany serious illness like anxiety, depression, and concerns about your illness progressing.
What services are provided:
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Social, psychological, and spiritual support
- Summarizing complicated medical information for
- patients and their families
- Helping patients and families identify their goals for care
- and preferences for treatment
- Coordination and advocacy with the entire medical team and other health care professionals about the patient’s care plan